Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 10th, 2009

Exactly two years ago today, James and I were at the perinatologist's office having a check up and an ultrasound. I was 24 weeks and 6 days into my pregnancy, and everything was going great. My doctors said everything was good, and we were going to start weekly stress tests to monitor the girls the following week. We went out to dinner, went grocery shopping, went home, and went to bed. I woke up early on September 11th and realized that I was in labor. James drove me to the hospital, and our tiny babies were born a few hours later. We have been so blessed over the last 2 year. We have watched our very small, very fragile, miracle babies turn into toddlers. We are so excited to celebrate their 2nd birthday this weekend! (We have already been celebrating for about a month!) These are the ultrasound pictures that were taken the day before they were born:

Emerson

Stella


The girls have been playing with their Rose Petal Cottage non-stop! They were cooking together!
Stella cooking.
Emerson throwing her monkey out the door!
We are working on potty training just a little bit.
I am beginning to think that they just like to sit on their potties so I will read to them! They get read to a lot anyway, but they have figured out that they can be read to whenever they want if they say they need to go potty!
See what I mean?!
Silly kids!
Emerson loves laying on the kitchen floor. We still aren't sure why she does it.
Stella getting ready to go to a softball game.
James' parents came out for a visit last weekend. This is Grandpa Kim reading to the girls.
Grandma Natalie and Emerson playing.
Stella and Grandma Natalie
Emerson has her hand in Grandpa Kim's shirt pocket!
Stella playing peek-a-boo!
Cousin Ruthi hanging out with the girls.