Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4th, 2010

We MARCHED FOR BABIES! We had 18 people walk with us this year, and we raised around $850.00 for the March of Dimes! We saw preemies of all ages wearing their "I was a preemie" shirts. We saw kids on oxygen, kids in wheel chairs, and families walking in memory of preemies that didn't make it. We were constantly reminded of how blessed we are. Emerson, Stella and Michelle are truly miracles! We were also walking in memory of my cousin Jessica. It was a great feeling to know that our friends and family are behind us helping us make a better future for Emerson, Stella, and Michelle's (future) babies.
This year I felt like I had moved past the feelings of guilt, fear, and helplessness that had consumed me since the day our girls were born so unexpectedly. I finally feel like I can start moving forward and focusing on the future. I want to support the March of Dimes so my babies and cousins never experience the things that our family has been through.

Our preemies.
Aunt Karen and Uncle Larry spent the weekend with us too! We were so glad that they were able to walk with us. We had so much fun.
Papaw took the girls to the playground after the walk was over.
James and Stella. This picture makes me want to cry.
Mamaw, Stella, and James
Nurse Lori walked with us again this year! She is such a special lady, and we are so glad she has been part of our lives.
Our team (minus 1 photographer, 1 nurse, 1 lazy dog, and 2 people trying to help the lazy dog finish the walk!)
Papaw and Emerson
Daddy and Stella
Starting the walk.
Brittni and the girls. How happy do my girls look?! The walk was during nap time.
Daddy and Emerson
Me and my girls with Nurse Lori.
I am so glad Sharlla and my Aunt Cindy are such good photographers. I am so spoiled. I left my camera in the car!
Thanks Sharlla and Aunt Cindy! You both made my life much easier!
Getting ready to walk.
Aunt Karen, James and the girls.
Papaw and Emerson
Taking a break because Mo couldn't go any further! He stopped three times and refused to walk! (It was only a 3 mile walk!)
Daddy and Stell Bell
I don't remember this, but I am so glad that Sharlla and Aunt Cindy captured it for me.
Mamaw and Stella
Aunt Karen saw my post last week about the girls needing baby snuggies, and she brought them baby snuggies! I didn't even know that baby snuggies really existed!
Mamaw and Stella. Thanks for the awesome snuggies Aunt Karen and Uncle Larry!
We celebrated my Papa Fox's 80th birthday while everybody was in town. He enjoyed smiling for pictures!
Thank you to everybody that donated and/or walked with us in the March for Babies!