The girls are in "big girl beds" now! They love their beds, and the transition was super easy. Here are updates on what we have all been up to:
James finished summer basketball and summer school, and has been busy at home trying to catch up on all of the details that have been overlooked for the past year. He has also been watching the girls, and they are loving having their daddy at home! Our house and our garden have never looked so good. He is also finishing up his graduate classes, and will be officially done in December!
I am working and taking three graduate classes and driving to Columbia twice a week. I have been extremely busy, but I am enjoying it. I am so glad that James has been able to pick up the slack at home.
Emerson is loving having her daddy home, and tries to cuddle with her daddy as much as possible! She is wearing big girl panties all day, and rarely has accidents! She loves her big girl bed, and also enjoys the freedom! She rises with the sun, and tries to wake up her sister! We ended up getting another kitten (it's a long story) and she loves both of the kittens so much. We have been taking the girls for bike rides at night. Emerson loves riding in the bike trailer, and would ride for hours if we would let her! Emerson's new word is "plenty." She likes to say that she has plenty or Stella has plenty! So cute!
Stella is such a funny little girl! Her new phrase is "towitisit?" We believe that towitisit is a combination of what is it and who is it. It is hilarious! She also likes to talk about Colorado. She is always asking where Ruthi, Eric, Brandi, and Chester are. Today she answered her own question and said "Ruthi is in Colorado." It was precious. Stella is still wearing her big girl panties, and almost never has an accident. She loves her big girl bed, and calls for mommy and daddy when she wakes up. She won't get out of bed by herself!
MoJo has been battling a skin rash on his stomach for a few weeks. We assumed it was allergies, but called the vet when it didn't improve. He ended up needing a steroid shot, antibiotics, and medicated baths. The rash most likely started as allergies, but it eventually turned into an infection. He is doing better now, and is such a good boy. We are so glad that he is part of our family.
We took the girls back to Boone for Developmental Clinic last week! We love taking them back and showing them off. They were both at or above their adjusted age in all of the areas that they were tested in! We are so proud of our big, healthy girls! We also had the opportunity to take them into the NICU to show them the "little babies." Both of the girls had been asking to see the "little babies" and they were very concerned about the wires and tubes on the babies. We explained that the babies need help eating and breathing, and that answer seemed to satisfy them for now.
We are so excited to be leaving for vacation in a few weeks! Our family, and Mamaw Ruth and Papaw Marty will be meeting Eric and his family in Estes Park for a week of relaxation! We can't wait to enjoy the cool weather, beautiful scenery, bike trails, and just relax!
Finally, James and I will be celebrating our fifth anniversary this week! Mamaw Ruth and Papaw Marty are going to keep the girls while we go to a Cardinals game and spend the night downtown. James and I have had a lot of ups and downs in the last five years. I wouldn't say that I love James more than I did when we said our vows on the beach in Mexico, but I would say that our love is different. Our love is more realistic, we know each others imperfections, we have supported each other through some of the best days of our lives and some of the worst. I can't wait to see what the next five years has in store for us. I love you, James!
Cousin Ruthi spent the last month with Mamaw Ruth and Papaw Marty. Stella really enjoyed spending extra time with Ruthi.