Emerson and Stella finished their testing with the school district this week, and they didn't qualify for speech! I am happy to finally be getting a break from therapies since we have been receiving them for the last 3 years! We will follow up in with the school district in about a year if we have any concerns.
The girls also had a follow up appointment with the ENT/Allergist/Audiologist today. I was really hoping for a big improvement today, but I was also prepared for the possibility that they wouldn't improve. Both of the girls failed their hearing screenings again, and their scores were significantly worse than they were in August. They both have fluid in their middle ear, and will both need tubes. We were really disappointed with the results from Stella's last tubes, so we were concerned about going through that again. I asked a lot of questions this time and explored the option of not doing the surgeries. I found out that long-term fluid in the middle ear will cause permanent damage, and that was the answer that i needed. The girls will both be getting tubes on 11/11.
Junior High basketball has started for James. The girls sat on the bench a little bit on Tuesday night. James came down and sat with them during the time out. It was adorable!