Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas with Uncle Eric, Aunt B, and Ruthi

Emerson and Papaw Marty opening gifts!
Stella showing off her new hat!
Emerson is hugging a rubber snake :(
Sweet Stella
Sweet Emerson
Stella helping Papaw Marty hand out gifts.
Papaw with his girls.
Emerson with her new glasses.
Daddy and Emerson. Emerson wants to cuddle constantly since she isn't feeling well. It's really sweet, but it is also very difficult to get anything done!
Stella sharing dessert with Mamaw Ruth.
Ruthi is getting so big!
Stella
Ruthi and Stella are buddies. Ruthi is bossy, and Stella is used to being bossed around by Emerson, so it works out pretty well! I imagine that Emerson will have a similar relationship with Eric and B's new baby!
Playing
Last week we said our final good-byes to my Papa Fox, and this week we celebrated his life. Eric came home to lead the service and did a great job honoring Papa. I wish the circumstances had been different, but it was nice to spend time with family right before Christmas. Especially since we weren't planning on being together again for several more months. We were also reminded of how blessed we are to have such great family and friends who sent cards, meals, prayers, and helped with preparation.
We took the girls back to the ENT last week, and the doctor said that their ears/tubes were clear and in place! We have decided to start allergy testing in February. We aren't looking forward to the testing, but we are hoping that it will work. Stella was sick with a stomach virus all of last week, and Emerson has it this week. It has been difficult to juggle our schedules for two weeks, but we have managed so far. Mamaw Ruth has been a big help! Brittni was even able to help out with Emerson yesterday! Emerson thought she was pretty special!
James finished his Masters in Education this month! It took him four years to meet all of the requirements, and he is thrilled to be done! He is already talking about starting another program though! His basketball team started the season 4-1! That is the best start to a season that he has had yet. He is really proud of his boys!
I finished up 2 more classes and managed to get As in both classes again (miracles happen!) Even though I have to work over Christmas break, I am thankful that the school I work for is out so I can attempt to catch up on all of the paperwork that I haven't done while the girls have been sick. I will start masters classes again in January.