Friday, January 21, 2011

March for Babies and 3-Day Walk!

I signed Team Precious JEMS up to participate in the March for Babies on May 1st again this year! I'm so thankful for everyone that has walked with us and supported our team over the last 2 years! The March of Dimes is a organization that is very close to my heart. Please consider walking with us or supporting our team with a donation. No amount is too small. Here is the link to our team page:

http://www.marchforbabies.org/emdawn00

This year I have also decided to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 3 Day Walk in Tampa Bay in October. This is also an organization that I feel strongly about. Team Saving Second Base has four members, and we are all really excited about this opportunity. Like most people, all of our team members have been impacted by breast cancer in some way. In order to participate in the 3 Day walk, each team member must raise $2300.00. I was nervous about asking my friends and family to support two charities this year, but I am positive that i can find people who believe in both causes as much as I do. I will also be doing some creative fundraising to help raise the money. We will walk 60 miles in 3 Days! There is a 24 week training program that we will follow, and on average participants walk more than 585 miles while training for the event! Please consider supporting our team. I will be posting more information over the coming months, including how breast cancer has impacted the lives of my team. Here is the link to our team page:

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2011/TampaBayEvent2011?px=5738122&pg=personal&fr_id=1630