Sunday, December 23, 2007

Dec. 23rd, 2007

These pictures were just too cute not to share. When the girls came home, they were being swaddled and we put them in bed right next to each other. We have stopped swaddling them at night because they have been kicking out of their blankets and/or scooting down and covering their faces. Then we had to stop letting them lay right next to each other because they were rolling into each other. Last night, we put them a in their crib with about two feet in between them with no blankets or boundaries (for safety reasons.) We fed them at 6am and went back to bed. When we got up for their next feeding, they had both managed to scoot all of the way down to the bottom of the crib and had turned sideways! We had to take pictures because it was so cute. In the NICU, they were given boundaries to help them sleep better and feel secure. At home, we have not given them those boundaries because we don't have monitors and are concerned about them rolling over or turning their heads. Obviously, the girls are still looking for those boundaries. We are going to have to figure out something different today....

Emerson (eyes open) and Stella (eyes closed)
Stella and Emerson


2 comments:

Libby said...

Emily - Your girls are just beautiful! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Libby

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so adorable! I miss you guys so much! I had a dream about the girls last night. I guess I miss them more than I thought! Love you guys!

Michelle